If you are a student looking to study at one of Canada’s top universities, a new ranking may help you choose.
The newly released list of the top global universities (2022-23), compiled by US News, reveals Canada’s top 37 universities, including the University of Toronto, which placed them at the top of the list.
After the University of Toronto, the University of British Columbia came second and McGill University third.
The universities were ranked and rated based on their research performance and ratings from members of the academic community around the world and in North America, according to US News.
Thirteen indicators were involved in compiling the list, including:
– global and regional reputation;
– bibliometric indicators;
– publication, book;
– normalized citation influence;
– overall quote;
– Number of publications that belong to the 10 percent most cited;
– international cooperation – related to the country; and
– Indicators of international cooperation and scientific excellence
The University of Alberta came in at #4 on the list, followed by McMaster University and l’Universite de Montreal at #5 and #6, respectively.
The University of Calgary was ranked 7th and the University of Waterloo 8th. The University of Ottawa and Western University (University of Western Ontario) round out Canada’s top 10 universities, ranking ninth and tenth, respectively.
Here’s how the remaining Canadian universities rank, according to US News:
– Dalhousie University
– Simon Fraser University
– University of Victoria
– University of Manitoba
– Laval University
– University of York – Canada
– Queens University – Canada
– University of Saskatchewan
– University of Guelph
– Carleton University
– Concordia University – Canada
– Memorial University Newfoundland
– University of Quebec Montreal
– University of Sherbrooke
– University of Regina
– University of New Brunswick
– Technical University of Ontario
– University of Windsor
– Wilfrid Laurier University
– Lakehead University
– College of Higher Technology – Canada
– Brock University
– Laurentian University
– Toronto Metropolitan University
– University of Trento
– University of Quebec Three Rivieres
– University of Lethbridge
Coverage for this story was paid for by the Meta-funded Afghan Journalists-in-Residence project.